- Check in will be at the Batsto Village Picnic Area from 9:00 to 9:45 AM.
- All runners MUST check in by 9:45 AM. This is to ensure that we account for every runner on the course.
- The race will begin at the Batsto Mansion at 10:00 AM. We will walk over to the start as a group at 9:50 AM.
Directions & Parking:
See the map below for information on parking, registration location, and course start/finish. For driving directions, use the following GPS coordinates for the entrance to the parking lot: 39.644032, -74.64401.
From the Garden State Parkway:
Take exit 52 for New Gretna. Turn right onto Route 654/E Greenbush Road. Continue to follow Route 654 for 1.4 mi. Make a slight left onto Route 653/Leektown Road and follow that for about 3 mi. Turn right onto Route 542/Pleasant Mill Road and follow that for 9 mi. Turn right onto Batsto Road toward the Batsto Visitors Center. Then make the first left to go toward the picnic area, trailheads, and Visitors Center.
Head south on US-206 and make a slight left onto Route 613/Middle Road. Continue on Route 613 for about 1.5 mi, then make a left onto Route 693. Follow Route 693 for 2.8 mi, then turn left onto Route 542. Continue to follow Route 542 (Pleasant Mills Rd/Nesco Rd/Hammonton Rd) for 4.5 mi and follow signs for the Batsto Visitors Center. Turn left onto Batsto Rd. Then make the first left to go toward the picnic area, trailheads, and Visitors Center.
Parking is at the Batsto Visitors Center. See map for more detail.
- The course itself will NOT BE MARKED, with the exception of a few confusing turns.
- Please check out the Course Info page for course directions, mileage, maps, and pictures.
- All runners are required to know the route and are responsible for their own navigation.
- The race is unsupported and NO AID will be available anywhere along the course.
- All runners are REQUIRED to carry water.
- The finish will be at the Batsto Picnic area. We will have someone timing the runners and will post official results following the run.
- All runners MUST check in with the timer at the end of the race. Again, this is for safety reasons. We want to make sure everyone that started the run is accounted for!
- Please stick around afterward for a fall feast!
- Bathrooms are located across the parking lot at the Visitors Center.
- You are expected to know the course route. Getting to the finish line is your responsibility.
- You are responsible for your own health and well-being. We will not have rescue personnel on site to assist you.
- All runners are required to carry their own water/nutrition.
- Absolutely no littering. If you carry it in, you can carry it out. Please keep NJ beautiful.
- Bury human waste at least six inches deep, 200 feet from water sources and 50 feet from any trail.
- Use of headphones is strongly discouraged for safety reasons. Please take caution if you plan on running with music.
- Only attempt to pass another runner when it is safe for both you and the other runner to do so.
- When passing another runner, make every attempt to pass on their left, unless it is unsafe. Announce your intention to pass by saying, passing on your left (or right, if it is unsafe to pass on their left).
- Provided it is safe to do so, you must yield to any runner who announces his/her intention to pass, by stepping off the trail.
- Please be courteous to other individuals utilizing the trails.
This is the waiver you MUST sign to be a part of this race. We chose to write this out in plain English rather than legalese, so that there’s no mistakin’ this is a SERIOUS adventure. While we love you and will feed you a delicious feast after the adventure, you are on your own. May the trail gods look kindly upon you.
The following is a release and a waiver. By signing it, you give up any claim for injury of any kind.
I, the undersigned, accept full responsibility for myself and for any injuries that I may incur during the Batty Fatty Adventure Run. I realize that this trail may have rocks, roots, stumps, and other tripping hazards that may result in falls, cuts, bruises, sprains, and broken bones. I understand that a run through the forest means that I may encounter poison ivy, ticks, bugs, bees, and other forest creatures that may cause me illness or injury. I am aware that there may be bicycles, equestrians, and high-speed vehicles on the roads and road crossings. The Jersey Devil is also lurking in there somewhere too.
I understand that I am responsible for navigating myself through the course and that there will be no person or markers directing me where to go. I acknowledge that I am required to provide my own food, water, and other necessary gear during the run and that there will be no water stops or aid along the course. I understand that weather may pose a risk to my safety, and I know that hypothermia and heat exhaustion may occur if I do not plan properly. I fully understand that there may be no medical or emergency personnel on the course, and I agree that I am medically able and properly trained to run in this event.
Even though I might get hurt or lost, I still want to participate in this run. I agree that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being. I and anyone entitled to act on my behalf therefore release the organizers, land owners, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Burlington County, Atlantic County, any agency within the state of New Jersey, all volunteers, their representatives and successors from any and all claims or liabilities arising out of my participation in this event, and I waive all rights I may have to any such claims. I agree to pay all of my own medical and emergency expenses in the event of accident, illness, or other incapacitation regardless of whether I have authorized such expenses at the time they are incurred.
By signing this form I certify that I am physically fit, responsible for my own actions, and have sufficiently trained for an event of this nature. In other words, I won’t sue any of the people or groups associated with this run if I get hurt. And if I am under 18, then my parent or guardian is signing this release.